Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"the best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." --gandhi

__ o
_`\<,_ (_) (_) here we are at january 10, 2007. less than 5 months until trip start. i sent two fundraising letters this week, and i have a stack of 80 or so more waiting to be signed and posted. i've been harassing josh smith at my local gym to try and organize a 3-on-3 tournament fundraiser as well. our new league starts next week so hopefully i'll see him in person then. i've been thinking a lot about next summer, and about what happens after next summer. i'm trying my hardest not to plan that far ahead, because i think it would not only be exciting but also worthwhile to cut myself loose and force myself to live each day one day at a time. me, my bike, hopefully just a little gear, and an open road.

thought for the day: this journey really started 24 years ago.

No comments: