Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Adieu, Adieu, to you and you and you

Just a quick note to thank everyone who came out to my going away party. I actually got to meet one of my trip leaders, Tommy, that night, too, who happened to be in town en route to Providence.



It was a bittersweet ending to a stressful but much-anticipated three weeks. My friend Pete came with the best gift (sorry, for me, it does top the countless bottles of beer and wine donated to party efforts, though those were still very much appreciated. Just ask Avery about his headache ;)). Anyway, Pete came with a bag and presented it to me as "the gift that gives later." He had pre-printed and stamped envelopes for each mail drop on my trip so my friends could send me letters this summer. He handed them out to everyone and I am so grateful for that. Words from friends will be much-anticipated inspiration.



I am now home in Maine and by tomorrow at this time I'll be headed back south with my dad, my bike, and my bag en route to Providence. Our whole group will be staying there Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights. On Saturday, we will spend the whole day working at a Habitat site. Sunday morning is the first day of biking, leaving between 8 and 8:30am from the Brown boathouse, where we'll dip out back tires in the Atlantic and leave it at our backs for the remainder of the summer.

As always, the rest of the photos are here.

No comments: